Now hiring! Grant Writer
Building A Better Boyertown
Posted July 2021
Building A Better Boyertown is a Main Street Revitalization Nonprofit organization located in the heart of historic, downtown Boyertown, PA. The mission of Building A Better Boyertown (BaBB) “To preserve Boyertown's artistic, historical, and agricultural heritage by providing the Boyertown Community with physical improvements, unique opportunities, and social interactions for businesses, residents, and visitors alike.” BaBB has four staff members; a Main Street Manager, Grant Writer, Social Media Coordinator and Events Coordinator. There are currently two interns and fourteen board members that serve on the Board of Directors for the organization. The Board is made of four committees (Organization, Promotions, Economic Vitality and Design) which include staff members, board members, local business owners, local nonprofit representatives and volunteers.
- Research and maintain a grant timeline for program and project-specific funding needs including those relevant to the organization and to organizations within the community - Share grant funding opportunities with owners and operators of local nonprofits and businesses, as they arise
- Aid local nonprofits and businesses with grant application processes, including application editing, content creation and submission timelines
- Communicate with representatives from local, regional and state foundations, regarding available funding opportunities, current grant awards, and outstanding grant reports, following up as necessary
- Maintain a professional demeanor over the phone, via email and in-person when communicating grant-related information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality - Answer the phone and greet visitors throughout the week, as instances arise - Manage the Facade Grant Program, funded through the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development. This requires a strong attention to detail and application deadlines, as well as the ability to track funds available through the program. The Facade Grant Program is a disbursement grant funded by the DCED, managed by BABB, and reviewed by both entities. Funding is provided at the discretion of the DCED upon thorough review of materials submitted by BABB from applicants within
Boyertown’s Historic Main Street District. Applications and previous funding are managed through Google Sheets and hard-copy files
- Comfortable managing Salesforce campaigns, reports, and contacts, updating contact correspondence, donations, and addresses as necessary
- Manage membership list in Google Sheets and Salesforce tracking membership types, payments, contact information and renewals as necessary, reporting to the Main Street Manager on a weekly basis
- Monitor, input and prepare donations for deposit, tracking donor information in Salesforce, deposit information in Quickbooks and copies of the deposit information as a hard-copy file for the office
- Create and distribute invoices and print out checks as necessary, using Quickbooks - Monitor, record and report expenses in Quickbooks and online banking platform, communicating changes to the Board Treasurer and Main Street Manager on a weekly basis - Ability to prepare and process Mail Merges using Microsoft Excel
- Provide monthly reports for the Main Street Manager, one week prior to the monthly board meeting, regarding grant application updates, including the status of completed or ongoing grant applications as well as new grant opportunities being researched
- Lead Committee meetings for the Economic Vitality and Design Committees, preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes for each Committee once a month. After each meeting, the Grant Writer is expected to prepare and distribute meeting minutes to the Committee members, no later than one week prior to the next monthly Committee meeting.
- Work with board members to accomplish specific Committee-related tasks, conducting research for grant funding related to specific projects
- Attend the monthly board meeting with BaBB staff and board members - Assist the Main Street Manager, Events Coordinator and Social Media Coordinator with annual events, including event planning, set-up, clean up or day-of assistance as necessary - Attend the annual Main Street Now Conference with the Main Street Manager - Process personalized brick orders for the brick ribbon along Main Street - Communicate regularly with staff and board members for upcoming funding needs and opportunities
- At least 3 years of experience working with a nonprofit
- A Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, business administration, or a field related to nonprofit development and grant writing
- Ability to provide their own transportation to and from the office
- Strong attention to detail and project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt to changing environments and working habits
Hours - 40 per week, with select weekend hours for special events and conferences Time - 9am-5pm
*Please note that the office building is not easily accessible, but the organization is open to accommodating guests, staff, board members and candidates for this position as needed.
If interested in this position please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Jillian Magee, at email@example.com. Please direct any questions regarding this application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Building A Better Boyertown