Now hiring an Administrative Assistant
Who we are:
Building A Better Boyertown is a Main Street Revitalization Nonprofit organization located in the heart of historic, downtown Boyertown, PA. The mission of Building A Better Boyertown (BaBB) “To preserve Boyertown's artistic, historical, and agricultural heritage by providing the Boyertown Community with physical improvements, unique opportunities, and social interactions for businesses, residents, and visitors alike.” BaBB has three staff members; a Main Street Manager, Grant Writer and Events Coordinator. We have 13 board members that serve on the Board of Directors for the organization. The Board is made of four committees (Organization, Promotions, Economic Vitality and Design) which include staff members, board members, local business owners, local nonprofit representatives and volunteers.
A full time role, the assistant will support the Main Street Manager and the staff in day to day operations, office management, accounting, scheduling, administrative functions, and social media accounts. This role will be paid at a salary range of $23,400 - $31,200 per year based on experience. The right person for this role is collaborative, has strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and manages deadlines. Ability to multitask and work independently are essential. The assistant will report to the Main Street Manager. This position will require Saturday hours. 20 hours a week will be dedicated to administrative roles, 10 hours per week to social media accounts, and an additional 10 hours will be flexible between the two roles.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Provide overall support and structure to administrative functions of the office.
● Perform general functions such as ordering supplies, answering phones, and managing schedules.
● Maintain office files
● Answer the phone lines and make calls as necessary
● Prepare clerical and administrative tasks such as drafting letters, invoices, and reports
● Ensure accurate bookkeeping through Quickbooks and audit preparation
● Prepare agendas and maintain general calendars using google teams
● Manage payroll, bill paying, and vendor contracts
● Coordinate intern and volunteer programs on special projects
● Assist in special organizational projects as they arise
● Create engaging text, image, blog, and video content
● Measure web traffic and SEO
● Update website as needed
● Other related duties as assigned
● Ability to attend and support events sponsored by Building A Better Boyertown
● Minimum of 2 years professional administrative experience
● A strong commitment to Boyertown’s community and core values
● Dedication to a collaborative and creative atmosphere
● High attention to detail, ability to handle multiple projects at once and deal with competing priorities from multiple sources
● Expertise in multiple social media platforms
● Flexibility, enthusiasm and ability to handle whatever is thrown at you with confidence and a positive attitude
● Education level of at least high school diploma or equivalent
● Excellent communication skills- both spoken and written
● Knowledge of data entry in CRM’s, specifically Salesforce
● Comfort in a computer-intensive environment; skill with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite
If interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Jillian Magee at Manager@boyertownpa.org. Thank you for your interest in Building A Better Boyertown