Now Hiring! Administrative Assistant!
Who we are:
Building A Better Boyertown is a Main Street Revitalization Nonprofit organization located in the heart of historic, downtown Boyertown, PA. The mission of Building A Better Boyertown (BaBB) “To preserve Boyertown's artistic, historical, and agricultural heritage by providing the Boyertown Community with physical improvements, unique opportunities, and social interactions for businesses, residents, and visitors alike.” BaBB has four staff members; a Main Street Manager, Grant Writer, Social Media Coordinator and Events Coordinator. There are currently two interns and fourteen board members that serve on the Board of Directors for the organization. The Board is made of four committees (Organization, Promotions, Economic Vitality and Design) which include staff members, board members, local business owners, local nonprofit representatives and volunteers.
A Ft/Pt role, the assistant will support the Main Street Manager and the staff in day to day operations, office management, accounting, scheduling and administrative functions.
The assistant is collaborative, has strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and manages deadlines. Ability to multitask and work independently are essential. The assistant will report to the Main Street Manager. This position will require Saturday hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Provide overall support and structure to administrative functions of the office.
● Perform general functions such as ordering supplies, answering phones, and managing schedules.
● Maintain office files
● Answer the phone lines and make calls as necessary
● Prepare clerical and administrative tasks such as drafting letters, invoices, and reports
● Ensure accurate bookkeeping through Quickbooks and audit preparation
● Prepare agendas and maintain general calendars using google teams
● Manage payroll, bill paying, and vendor contracts
● Coordinate intern and volunteer programs on special projects
● Assist in special organizational projects as they arise
● Other related duties as assigned
● Minimum of 2 years professional administrative experience
● A strong commitment to Boyertown’s community and core values
● Dedication to a collaborative and creative atmosphere
● High attention to detail, ability to handle multiple projects at once and deal with competing priorities from multiple sources
● Strong ability to manage deadlines and follow up as necessary
● Flexibility, enthusiasm and ability to handle whatever is thrown at you with confidence and a positive attitude
● Education level of at least high school diploma or equivalent
● Excellent communication skills- both spoken and written
● Knowledge of data entry in CRM’s, specifically Salesforce
● Comfort in a computer-intensive environment; skill with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite
If Interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Jillian Magee at Manager@boyertownpa.org.
Thank you for your interest in Building A Better Boyertown